We all know it, we all love it and we all wish we could do more of it as it's our escape from everything we're not happy with....like work! haha
But what exactly is sleep and why is it so important? Do you know how important it is for your physical health? or your emotional wellbeing?
Sleep is a really important time for your body. It regenerates, heals and generally does all the repairs it can after what's happened during your day.
There are however some foods that are great in helping you get a good nights sleep which I've listed below for you with a brief explanation of why they are good for you:
- Fish - packed full of vitamin B6 which is needed to make melatonin which is a sleep-inducing hormone
- Yoghurt - calcium can be quite difficult to get enough of and being calcium deficient has been closely linked to bad sleeping patterns
- Whole Grains - rich in magnesium which is also great for helping sleeping patterns
- Kale - sometimes the flavour of kale doesn't appeal to everyone but actually kale is a huge source
- Bananas - full of potassium and another food that is rich in vitamin B6 which is needed to produce melotonin
- Chickpeas - also packed with vitamin B6 so more excuse to make home made hummus!
If you want more information, you are constantly waking up tired or just not feeling rested enough, check out this brilliant article from the National Heart, Blood and Lung Institute and use it as an excuse to have a duvet day this weekend!
Ciao for now x